Monday, December 31, 2012

Quick(ish) 2012 Recap & Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who has helped make 2012 a great and creative year!  

In the past 365 days I went from art show stagnancy to having been involved in more than 20 art shows (due in part to my first year of being involved in Dallas' Kettle Art gallery, thanks guys!!).  Thank you to everyone I've been fortunate to show with, and for your community and friendship!  

This year I had the great pleasure of designing my first three album covers (thank you to the families of Spector 45, Panic Volcanic, and The Black Moriah).  I've enjoyed active freelance work designing logos, apparel, product labels, and posters, found success opening and building my Etsy shop, and finally self-taught myself screen printing.  Thanks to everyone who wears or shared an Albright scarf!  

Thanks to Hartford Art School's low residency illustration MFA program, I've enjoyed the challenges and joys of working with some of the most talented and passionate artists and illustrators around the country, learning from from the absolute best.  I'm looking forward to spending the next quarter developing a killer thesis and bringing it all full circle for a July graduation.  I’ll miss it terribly when it’s over.

Dallas’ custom vinyl toy scene provided an invigorating creative outlet and a remarkable group of peers.  I’ve become great friends with some of Dallas’ finest designers and artists through the ‘Vinyl Thoughts’ and ‘Show Me The Munny’ art shows, thanks very much to the minds behind Vinyl Thoughts Nation and Shop Atama.

I also moved on from my full time position of 5 1/2 years to join an awesomely talented team at Bioworld Merchandising, developing licensed apparel and accessories for some of my all time favorites like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Batman, Ren & Stimpy, and Coca-Cola.  

I’m ever thankful that I've had the great fortune and invaluable support of a fantastic group of parents who have entrusted me with tutoring their talented young ones in drawing, illustration, and general creativity.  You guys are a joy and an inspiration, and you continually impress me with your growth and enthusiasm!

Finally, a tremendous thank you to my family, friends, and coworkers who have supported me through the creative rollercoaster and various life changes.  Cheers to a new year of growth, productivity, and happiness.  Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment